找回密碼
 立即註冊
查看: 194|回復: 0

What constitutes a successful marketing strategy?

[複製鏈接]

1萬

主題

2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2023-9-6 15:53:07 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 thermostat 於 2023-9-6 15:55 編輯

What constitutes a successful marketing strategy?
McDonald's in Hong Kong stopped serving ordinary ready-to-ground coffee. It was a major event in Hong Kong on September 5, 2023. It was really unparalleled in social media.
I went to McDonald's in the evening, wanting to eat a value-for-money meal to reminisce.
Actually, I have never drank McDonald's regular freshly ground coffee because I am not a coffee addict and there are other drinks that I like more.
However, for this set meal I order McCafe coffee.
Doesn't it mean that McDonald's has no coffee? Why is there again?
In my mind, it's impossible for McDonald's not to serve coffee. It's probably all a marketing strategy.

"The essence of this incident is a "product upgrade" operation by McDonald's. Originally, when customers ordered a set meal, they could choose soda or regular instant coffee. If they wanted to upgrade to McCafé instant coffee, they had to pay an additional $10. However, starting today, McDonald's in Hong Kong no longer serves regular instant coffee. For ground coffee, all packages can be equipped with McCafé instant coffee without adding any extra money. The "price-performance ratio" is theoretically higher. "

Basically everything is marketing, saying there is no coffee, so that everyone can talk about it, express it freely on social media, and help McDonald's do free publicity. This is really McDonald's marketing strategy. This time it is also very successful. It costs little. A few newspaper ads can achieve such an effect. Only McDonald's market position can achieve this.

Let's talk about McCafe's instant coffee. Its coffee flavour is strong. It tastes good and the bitterness is not strong too. To me, it's not very delicious or a very high-end coffee. Regardless of whether you say it's instant coffee or not . If I had to add ten dollars to upgrade to McCafe instant coffee, I certainly don't think it's worth it and I won't order coffee. It's not that McCafe's instant coffee is bad, it's just not as good as they claim. Coffee is anyway not my cup of coffee.
/09 2023

回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表