2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2014-12-4 14:51:20 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
00.jpg
We have never tried 'Meat Ball w/ Glutinous Rice'. It is like a Guangdong cuisine and is tasty.  The presentation is appealing.

01.jpg
Fried Scrambled Egg is not a very special dish. In North Korea, this should be a nutritious dish. It is still juicy and not oily. Normally, this dish must be finished in every meal, if any.

02.jpg
'Ginseng Chicken' should be a signature dish in Korea. This is why in North Korea we also order this extra dish (about HK$300). A pity is that this chicken should not be fresh and should be chilled. Chicken taste is not strong. Overall is a bit above average.

03.jpg
'Glutinous Rice Ball in Honey' is also a typical Korean dish. It is slightly sweet on the surface because of honey. The texture is of course sticky and chewy.

04.jpg
Top: 'Pan-fried Pork Dumpling' is different from ours in appearance. Taste is more or less similar to those we are accustomed to.
Bottom: Stewed Cabbage

Mansu Hill Exhibition Centre Restaurant
萬壽台展示馆餐厅

Mansu Hill District, Pyongyang , North Korea .
朝鮮平壤萬壽台区
Tel: -
Opening Hours: Daily
Style: Korean
Average spending: -
Date: September 2008
Remarks: -

Before we dine in Mansu Hill Exhibition Centre Restaurant, we know this restaurant should serve meal of much better quality. It is a restaurant with more local people who should have much higher spending and are businessmen. We are allotted to a VIP room, and therefore would not be disturbed by other diners and also would not disturb other diners.

We order a Ginseng Chicken and expect it should be served in soup beforehand. It turns out to be a chicken stuffed with glutinous rice, date and bean; but not in soup. Though it is expensive (about HK$300 per chicken), it is anyway a good try. Overall rating is above average. This strongly proves that the chefs here and the food materials are much better and in higher quality. We are also lucky to try several typical Korean dishes.

Service: 3/5
Food: 3.5/5
Environment: 3.5/5
Variety: 3.5/5
Hygiene: 3.5/5
Overall: 3.5/5

To know more about North Korea , you should click the following links. A program called ‘Don't tell my mother that I am in North Korea ’ was shot by National Geographic.

05.jpg
This is the Metro logo in Pyongyang www.pyongyang-metro.com.

06.jpg
These are the entrance gates. All passengers show a ticket to the staff (lady) with a hat on her head at the far end.The machines are not similar to the one we have in Hong Kong. In my opinion, the machines are for decoration purpose only. It is too ridiculous.

07.jpg
The Metro route in Pyongyang. As far as I know, only several stations are still in use now.

08.jpg
This is Yonggwang (Glory) Station. The pillars are meant to look like victory torches bursting into flame. At the top of the staircase is another mosaic showing Lake Cho on Mount Paektu, on the Korean-Chinese border, where it is claimed Kim Jong Il was born (Soviet records show him being born in Khabarovsk, Russia). Decoration in the lobby is splendid and is quite similar to those in Russia. They were anyway good friend in the past.

09.jpg
Inside the station / in the lobby, there is free newspaper. Their dressing is not too bad, it is much better than I expect beforehand.

10.jpg
The train is still good in appearance. Lighting is ok. Inside the compartment, two photos of big and small Mr. Kim are displayed . The ladies are slim. We have not met any fat people in North Korea, except two Mr. Kim.

11.jpg
We should give clapping hands to the decoration in Metro Station. We have visited 2 stations only, and do not know whether others are good in this aspect. But I do not think so.

12.jpg
We really do not expect there is such lighting in the metro and in Pyongyang.

67.jpg

回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表