2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2020-6-7 00:36:40 | 顯示全部樓層
本帖最後由 cucumber 於 2020-6-7 00:48 編輯

How much can Hong Kong people speak decent English?

Watch youtube about a KOL who talks about immigration. In most places, English is spoken. Taiwan speaks Mandarin. Based on his experience and knowledge of Hong Kong people in Hong Kong, it is estimated that 70% of Hong Kong people cannot communicate in English and speak decent English.

After I heard it, I didn't feel strange and didn't think he was wrong. Before listening to his opinion, I think 50% of adults in Hong Kong cannot speak decent English. 70% and 50%, the difference is not small, but it is in the same direction.

In fact, some foreigners think that Hong Kong used to be a British colony. Hong Kong people should speak English very well. But people living in Hong Kong know that many Hong Kong people have very bad English, and some are even speaking terribly.

I remembered a trip to Bangkok, Thailand, by bus from the airport to downtown Bangkok. We sat on the lower deck about two rows from the driver's seat. A Hong Kong couple in their late 20s, a man and a woman, asked the driver for something. But I only heard the woman's words (because the man didn't know if he had learned English) Is it, Is it, and then added her garbage English sentences. She thought every sentence with "Is it" in front would turn the sentence to be a question. Then, the two couples laughed without a complacency, they should not know that we two Hong Kong people are sitting on the lower level as well. However, the bus driver in Bangkok speaks English many times better than the two garbage. Of course, to be an airport bus driver, it is essential to be able to speak English or simple English. These two Hong Kong trash couples are really lost. While listening, we did not lend a helping hand. It was free entertainment by airport bus.

This is the act of adding "Is it" in front of the thing (sentence) to be thought to turn the sentence into a question. I remembered watching youtube once and saw a female star in good dressing who used to debut because of her sweet look, young and beautiful appearance. She has made records in Japan and South Korea, and she used to be popular. The Chinese name has three words. The third word is Yi. She spoke English in the interview program, and also added "Is it" in front of what she wanted to say, thinking that this became a question. Seeing her say this is really ridiculous. It turns out that people who debuted around the age of 15 did not study well. English can really go to this scary point. However, she is now about 50 years old, and in recent years she actively loses weight for the sake of showing in an advertisement.

Why not study hard? Is reading really difficult?
/06 2020

回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表