2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-3-24 21:15:56 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 thermostat 於 2018-3-24 21:51 編輯

Taking a walk from yuen long to ping shan, hoping to find a famous cafe in the village, and a path leading to cafe, once arrived, a good small village atmosphere is there, a little temple, and in front it, there is an open area.

Door closed, knowing that the service time is from 8 - 6, 1-2 excluded. just like office hour. out of the norm which all eateries are practising. i  take a seat waiting on line, with a good wish to enjoy a fantastic tea time. an order is made, a pineapple bun and a cup of hot tea as they are graded the top ones. staff are more than enough, four inside the kitchen, and while i worked in other restaurants, maximum 2 as the same size cafe. the pineapple bun seems out of recognition, appearance gets no trace of the peel of real pineapple, making me disappointed. crust is now changed a cover with sand-like substance, taste is in shortage of butter, milk and no fragrance of baking. bread is too spacious, caused by overdose of yeast or baking power. dough needs time to ferment. yeast and baking power can catalyse but without adequate time, the taste of the wheat will not go out or be in leakage. the tea is in short of tea taste and tea fragrance, tea taste and tea fragrance come from different tea powder, mixing in good ratio is very easy, just try and no secret. the control time is not more than 6 minutes from boiling, staying will lead the tea color changed from red to brownish red and brownish dark uglily. as i take a look to my neighour seat, there is aniced lemontea, the lemontea is rather dull, it should have been a glass of ruby-like colour , transparent, clear, red and sparkling. to create this effect, i have tried over multihundred times, but in vain, my biggest sister in restaurant finally seeps to tell me you just only put the cha daam (concentrated tea boiled 3 minutes) with lot of ice to cool it simultaneously, this can retard the tea to further change from red to dark. ratio between tea and ice is up to your liking.

on the way back to yuen long, i get a puzzle in my mind, why the food is so common now can be so famous, attracting so many customers to spend time. a sudden concept flashes in my mind, everything gets ups and downs, created and vanished. the lady created the cafe, from common to successful thro a lot of struggling, both in quality and in mind. upwards to the top, keeping by the others who may not have so talent, lucky, or capable, but as the fame still lasts, effect will be tarnished by the time, downwards, until vanishing. fame can be an element attracting the curiosity of the new comers, but, eventually will be nothing. maybe as a habit of an old man, i chase back my childhood, holding a paperbag a pineapple bun inside, eating and still insatiably watch inside, as to find and specks of the crust, eating and no more , but still no dumping it, putting my nostril inside, inhaling deeply, a mixed smell of butter, milk and burning stimulates me, still not dump it , blow up the paper bag, screwed it and then clapped it , a sound of burst scared my friends , they are angry and all laugh, how beautiful the old days are, smiling while walking, just like a mental-ill man on the street. or on the road of the life, who care i am millionnaire or poor, who will win, the only people who are happy.
/2014

回復

使用道具 舉報

1萬

主題

2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2018-3-25 09:06:18 | 顯示全部樓層
She is very lucky, she should be in the summit of her life. That is all I want to say.
回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

1萬

主題

2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2018-3-25 09:07:32 | 顯示全部樓層
相關閱讀: