主題

2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
發表於 2016-12-7 15:16:50 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
我是慧詩,自小父母已經不在身旁,我是由祖母照顧長大。媽媽不是香港人,在我小時候已經離家出走,我對她沒有任何印象,只知道她的名字,直至現在也沒有她的消息。後來爸爸亦不負責任,離家失蹤多年,直到祖母離世時他才回家,那時他的年紀已經很大,一兩年後亦因年老關係離世。
因為當時家中的轉變令我領取不到身分證,所以在適齡時不能入讀幼稚園低班,後來只能報讀幼稚園高班。升讀小學時祖母為我到處申請學校,最後順利入讀在青衣區內的屋邨小學。我與祖母住在公共屋邨,但那時候她年紀已經很大,所以我們要領取綜援過活。以前最開心的日子就是生日,雖然我們沒有錢買生日蛋糕,但每逢生日祖母會為我煮她最拿手的紅雞蛋,當時我已經很滿足。

在我小學三年班時,祖母因為年老離世。當時我沒有監護人,所以需要入住兒童之家,最初是大窩口救世軍兒童之家。我曾經試過有一段日子非常反叛,覺得自己與其他小朋友不同,我非常羨慕身旁的同學,他們有些有手提電話,有些還背著名牌書包,但我什麽都沒有。我是靠領取綜援維持生活,所以零用錢很少。到了中學時思想日漸成熟,覺得雖然現在甚麼物質都沒有,但相信日後靠自己努力,一定會有美好將來,自此之後我便沒有那麼反叛。
我讀書成績很普通,中學派位時幸運地被派到一間很注重運動的學校。我參加了學校的體操、排球和田徑隊,運動令我轉變了很多,使到我知道自己並非一無是處。我對藝術亦相當有興趣,非常喜歡畫畫。小時候其他同學參加親子旅行,我因為沒有家人所以不能參加,當時很不高興,但又不想跟院舍內的姑娘傾訴,我只有獨自一個不停地畫畫,令到自己的性格變得非常自卑。

中學時遇到很多友善的老師和好同學,中三時因為讀書成績很差,有機會不能升上中四,田徑老師向我表示如果想繼續參加跑步,成績必須達到升級的要求。之後我發奮努力讀書,成績大有進步,不止順利升上中四,還可以選讀我最喜歡的理科,及選擇體育為副修科。中學會考的成績也是平平,不能在原校升讀中六,我沒有選擇重讀中五,但並不希望太快踏進社會工作,所以我選擇繼續進修。

我不喜歡刻板式工作,所以選擇修讀酒店文憑課程。兒童之家規定年滿十八歲便不能繼續居住,因此我在深水埗區租住一間劏房,那時租金是四千五百元還未計算車費和生活費,我需要半工讀來完成文憑課程。每星期我都要兼職七天才可以應付開支,學費是向政府申請借貸繳交。因為收入有限,所以我要非常節儉,當時的生活過得非常清苦。完成文憑課程後,我希望可以更進一步,因此繼續在城市大學修讀學位課程,日間仍在酒店工作,晚上到大學上課,這一種生活方式維持到二零一五年,終於完成了四年大學課程。

我已經沒有在酒店上班,現在從事海外房地產工作。我是偶然加入這個行業,但我對這個行業很有興趣。可能我自小已沒有固定居所,所以很希望自己有能力置業,因此我很早已開始留意樓市,年紀很小時已懂得區分什麽是公屋、居屋、二手居屋和私人樓宇,而且我很喜歡計算樓價。我剛剛報讀了一個測量師碩士課程,希望能夠考取一個測量師牌照,我認為這個行業可以給予我一個很大的發揮空間。雖然我是一個九十後,但並不是很多人所標籤的《廢青》,我不斷努力工作和進修,並不是想爭取名與利,我很清楚自己的目標和往後的路怎樣行下去。我並不是贏在起跑線,只能在屋邨讀書,而且會考成績差,但我很滿意目前的現狀,最少我覺得自己每天都生活得很愉快,我仍然繼續保持小時候的興趣,跑步和畫畫。

兩年前我辭去酒店的工作期間有一個月空閒時間,我前往非洲當義工,教授當地兒童用畫畫方式來學英文。我在一個破碎家庭長大,所以小時候覺得自己很悲慘,但在中學階段時受到了很多啟發,原來自己不是最慘的一個,反而我的經歷令我覺得更加需要幫助別人。我希望大家明白,能夠生活在香港已經相當幸福,不要苛求自己一定要成為成功人士,只要每天過得愉快和無悔便足夠。

回復

使用道具 舉報

1萬

主題

2萬

帖子

7萬

積分

論壇元老

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2016-12-7 15:17:11 | 顯示全部樓層

My name is Manci. My parents were not there for me when I was young. I was raised by my grandmother. My mother is not a Hong Konger and left the family when I was still a child. I did not have any memories of her. I only knew her name. I still do not have any news from her today. My father was also a very irresponsible man. He abandoned the family and disappeared for many years. He only re-appeared when my grandmother passed away. At that time, he was already in late age and so, he passed away in a year or two from old age.

Due to the changes from home, I was unable to get an Identity Card. That was why when I was at the right age, I could not enter the first year of kindergarten. I was only able to apply for the upper level of kindergarten. When I transited to Primary school, my grandmother went to look for schools for me. Eventually, I got into a Primary school located in a public housing estate in Tsing Yi. I lived in a public housing estate with my grandmother but she was already very old. That was why we had to receive welfare support. Back in the days, the happiest moment of my life was my birthday. Although, we did not have money to buy a birthday cake, my grandmother would cook me her best dish – red eggs. I was already very grateful at the time.

When I was in Primary three, my grandmother passed away because of old age, as well. I did not have guardians. That was why I had to live in the Children’s Home. At first I stayed at the Tai Wo Hau Salvation Army Children’s Home. There was a period of time when I was extremely rebellious. I thought I was different from other children. I deeply envied my classmates. Some of them had cell phones. Some had designer school bags. But I had nothing. I only lived on welfare support that was why I had little pocket money. When I got to secondary school, I started to mature. Although I understood I did not have a lot of material possessions, I believed that with my own hardwork, I would have a bright future. From then onwards, I was no longer rebellious.

My academic grades were very mediocre. Fortunately, I was allocated to a secondary school that honored on sports. I took part in the school Physical Education team, volleyball team and track and field team. Sports changed me immensely. It led me to find that I also had my strengths. I was also very interested in art and thoroughly enjoyed drawing. When I was younger, my classmates would go on school trips with their parents and it got me very upset but I did not want to tell the staff at the Children’s Home. I only kept drawing by myself, which led me to have a very low self-esteem.

During secondary school, I came across many kind teachers and classmates. When I was in Form three, my grades were very bad. There was a chance I could not make it to Form four. My track and field teacher expressed to me that if I wanted to keep on running, my grades must reach the benchmark. I then studied extremely hard and my grades improved tremendously. Not only did I transit to Form four smoothly, I was able to pick my favorite subject, science, and also choose Physical Education as my minor. My secondary school public examinations results were average. I could not make it to Form six in my school but I did not repeat Form five. I did not hope to find a job too soon so I chose to the path of further studying.

As I did not like routine work, I took a diploma program in Hotel studies. At the same time, I was unable to live in the Children’s Home because I was already eighteen years old. That was why I rented an old apartment in Sham Shui Po. The rent was $4,500 dollars at that time (excluding transportation and living costs). I had to juggle work and studies to complete my diploma program. I had to work seven days a week to support myself. I applied for grant loan from the government. As my income was limited, I had to be a very wise spender. My life back then was very difficult. After completing my diploma program, I wanted to further elevate myself and that was why I undertook a degree program at the City University of Hong Kong. I still worked in the hotel during the day and went to class at night. I lived that way until 2015 and that was the year when I completed my four years of university studies.

I no longer work in a hotel. As of now, I am doing overseas real estate work. It happened coincidentally. But I am very interested in my work. It might be because I did not have a stable place to live since I was young. That was why I really aspired to have the ability to buy property and started to take notice of the market situation when I was really young. I already knew the differences between public housing estates, HOS flats, second-hand HOS flats and private buildings. I also enjoy calculating property prices. I just applied for a Masters of Surveying program. I hope to obtain a Surveyor license. I feel that I can flare in this field of work. Although I am a nineties child but I am not one of those that are labeled as ‘useless youth’. I work hard at my job and self-study. I do not look for fame and fortune. I have a clear goal in mind and how to walk my future path. I did not win at the starting line. I only studied in a public housing estate school and my school public examination results were subpar. However, I am very satisfied with my life right now. At least, I am living happily each day. I still keep up with my childhood interests: running and drawing.

When I left my job at the hotel industry, I had a month of break. I went to Africa to do voluntary work. I taught local children English through drawing. I grew up in a broken family that was why I often felt my life was very tragic when I was young. But during secondary school, my mind broadened - I am actually not the most unfortunate one. Instead, my experience has led me to believe that I should help others even more. I hope everyone can understand that we are very lucky to live in Hong Kong. You should not force yourself to become successful. As long as you live each day happily and with no regrets, that should be enough.

回復 支持 反對

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表